Feclab Dog & Cat Giardia Antigen Test (Lab Test)
This is a great option for those who do not feel confident in carrying out the Giardia home test themselves. A kit will be sent for you to collect your sample, which will then be returned to the lab for testing.
Common Signs that Giardia is present:
- Giardia infection in dogs may lead to weight loss
- Chronic intermittent diarrhoea
- Fatty stool
- The stool may range from soft to watery
- Infected dogs tend to have excess mucus in the faeces
- Vomiting may occur in some cases
It is important to note that not every Dog or Cat will show all the clinical signs of Giardia.
Your kit will include a prepaid returns envelope, information leaflet and a quick prep collection tube. Results will be emailed the same day as your sample is received by the lab and for a positive result a text will also be sent so that you do not miss your results.
Taking Your samples:
Who are Feclab
The kit is simple to use and comes with full instructions.
- Place your sample/s in the sample pot/s provided, using the glove/s.
- Place sample pot/s in to the leak-proof bag (clear bag) & seal. *Please write your dogs name on the bag*
- Place your sample/s (now in leak-proof bag) in to the box, along with your (completed) information leaflet and close the lid.
- Place the security seal (as per label on the box) to seal.
- Then simply pop it in a standard letter box.
- All Feclab kits contain a 1st Class, Prepaid returns envelope (excluding the Giardia Rapid Antigen Home test kit).
Kits can be posted in a standard letterbox, saving you the trip to a post office.